Saturday, September 8, 2007

Matrix!!

Anyone who has seen this movie would agree that it is one of the best movies Hollywood has produced in the recent past. Esp, the first Matrix movie. Awesome.

I still remember that day I watched it. I was in II PUC and just had come home after my tuitions. My brother said we could watch this new movie called Matrix. I just wanted a break from my regular routine and I agreed. We decided to watch after dinner. The movie started but it did not make sense to me initially. I was not very used to watching sci-fi English movies then and found it difficult to keep up with the pace of these kinda movies. Thankfully, my brother started narrating what was happening and then, I started getting the interest.

As the movie progressed, it started showing some really interesting things - a man able to jump from one building to another just after he started BELIEVING it. Then, he BELIEVED that he could be fast enough to miss a bullet fired from a gun right in front of him. Then, he BELIEVED that he could learn kung fu and be REALLY fast at it within no time. Everything worked just perfectly. It was all just about belief. Wow.

I was just spellbound. The movie had got over but I could not sleep for almost an hour. Not that, I was thinking of jumping from buildings or how to miss a bullet and all Image. But, it was the first time ever that I was thinking so seriously about BELIEF. I was thinking what the movie was trying to convey. Believe, and the world will do the rest for you to make your dreams come true. No wonder the movie became such a big hit. Ofcourse it had its share of special effects and all that, but it was the theme that was so appealing. I think belief is easily the best gift that God has given us. Just that we mortal beings should realise that belief is the first step to realise the dreams we have.

No comments: