I know that I am very late in giving the review of this Kannada movie, but I am so glad that I did get to watch it on TV this weekend. Its one of the best Kannada movies I have seen, off late. I would love to watch it again and again.
The movie is about a successful ad agency employee going to visit different places where he spent his life, starting from his childhood. He goes to invite all his old friends to his marriage. The best part of the movie, according to me, is the way they have narrated the story. The hero goes to the places where he spent his childhood, college, and they show the flashback. Just the way you and me, would remember our old days if we would go to our own schools or colleges. Aww, it touches your heart :)
They start with the school time love of the hero whose name is Kamala. She is a very simple village girl who wears a very pretty "kuchchu" ( its a kinda band) in her hair and fascinates the hero. Perfect childhood love! :) But since her family decides that 10th std is the highest degree a girl can get before her marriage, she gets separated from the hero and he is heart broken for sometime. Then comes his college love, Lathika. The hero is very mesmerised by this Malayali girl and despite the fact that he can't understand what she talks most of the time, he falls for her, and the heroine also encourages after some initial reluctance. But as happens in most of these dramatic love stories, the girls' parents get her married to a Malayali boy and hero gets into a big time depression.
Then enters Divya - the character I love the most. She is the one who makes the movie what it is, according to me. She plays the role of the hero's friend. She gives direction and purpose to the hero's life. Makes him an achiever in life. And mind you, its pure friendship, in its true sense. No mixture of love, no confusion. And Divya is one hell of a strong girl. I wish I could be as determined in life as she is. A go-getter and fiercely independent. She knows what she wants, and works to get it. She has her share of sorrows too, but is very positive in life. The scene in which she first tells the hero that he is her friend, is probably the best scene. She is just having his interests in mind, she wants him to do well in life. And thankfully, the director doesn't make them lovers. Best friends, thats all there is to it. Thats how sacred friendship can get :)
The hero finally marries a girl as selected by his parents and all his old friends come to attend his marriage. Though he is heart broken to see Lathika as a widow, he talks to Divya and as suggested by her, decides to move ahead with his life rather than marry Lathika for a wrong reason- sympathy. ( Divya is a good advisor too! :) )
As I had said sometime in my previous post, my expectations from kannada cinema are very high. And this movie exceeds all expectations. Sudeep rocks!!! :) But watch it for the story. According to me, thats the winner in this movie. Hope to see a lot more of such kannada movies! :)
3 comments:
Yeah. I think the movie is good. Only sad thing about it is that its a remake of a Tamil movie, which is almost better.
The story is the winner. True.
I too happen to see this movie over the weekend. Was googling about this movie and came across this blog..
I really enjoyed the movie and gave mouth of publicity to couple of friends.. I was so engrossed that I felt like coming out of a rain at the end of the movie.. It is amazing.. though it is a remake, this type of remakes are most welcome for me..
Sudeep is brilliant.. and Theerthahalli scenes were fantastic.. coming from that part of the world.. I felt nostalgic..
Some scenes were really touching and made my eyes wet..
Do we get the DVD of this movie ? Hoping to see this again and again..
RS
My god ! Now whats the point watching this movie, if u put up the big spoiler on your blog :P
Anyway as you know I'm big time into Kannada movies n all (yeah right ! ).. I'll watch it :)
Post a Comment